Over the past year or so, Wealden Business Group has collected some simple one-liners, each containing a pearl of wisdom for a business owner-manager. Here are some of the best…
- You know those things you always wanted to do? Well, go and do them
- Formal education will make you a living. Self education will make you a fortune.
- Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited about what could go right.
- Do what is right, not what is easy.
- The most dangerous phrase in the language is “we’ve always done it this way”.
- Greatness is a lot of small things done well every day.
- 10% of conflicts are due to a difference of opinion. 90% are due to wrong tone of voice.
- Nothing is more attractive than loyalty.
- Small business isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s for the brave, the patient, the persistent. It’s for the overcomer.
- The biggest concern for any organisation should be when their most passionate people go quiet.
…and the image that most WBG members shared with their friends and contacts…