Well-being for Seniors and people living with dementia
We specialise in Support and Assistance for senior members of society, particularly, people living with cognitive decline or dementia and their families or carers. We focus upon the strength of our clients, with particular emphasis on enabling them to continue as empowered participants and not just inactive recipients of care.
As an Occupational Therapy based service much of our work is around enabling our clients to remain autonomous and safe both in the community and within their own homes, for as long as possible. Our approach is underpinned by the *bio-psycho-social model of care and we offer an early intervention service which enables us to provide appropriate support at the beginning of our client’s journey and at the different stages throughout.
*The biopsychosocial approach methodically considers biological, psychological, and social factors and their multifaceted interactions in understanding health, illness, and health care delivery.
Our services provide cognitive, functional and environmental assessments, care planning and a range of therapeutic interventions. We also facilitate engagement and participation in meaningful occupations or activities, promoting confidence, companionship and reducing isolation.
Our Services include the following:
- Assessments – Cognitive, Functional and Environmental
- Activity Analysis
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s)
- Care Planning
- Rehabilitation – goal focused interventions
- Individual Therapeutic Interventions
- Mood/behavioural monitoring and management
- Support and advise with assistive technology and communication tools
- Family based support
- Engagement in meaningful occupations and activities
- Companionship – to reduce isolation
- Individual Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
- Multi-sensory stimulation therapy