Perry Barton has been a professional carpenter for more than 25 years, and has built a reputation for the quality of his work, integrity and reliability.
But Perry had his doubts about membership of Wealden Business Group when he applied to join 10 years ago.
“To be honest, I wasn’t sure that WBG was for me”, he recalls. “But it has proved really excellent for my business – not just referrals from existing members, but also from their contacts, and former members of the group.”
“I am a sole trader, and that is how I want to be. WBG provides me with additional business to my mainstream customers, and the two sources of business keep me pretty occupied!”
“I also enjoy the social aspects of the group, and I look upon the members not just as colleagues, but as friends as well”.
As a result, his customers range from builders, where he is acknowledged as one of the best craftsmen in the construction of timber pitched roofs, to private clients where his expertise includes….
- Loft conversions, including liaising with building surveyors and architects.
- Wood-framed extensions, such as log stores.
- Refurbishing the exteriors of timber-clad houses.
- Kitchen fitting.
- Internal improvements, including doors, architraves and skirting boards.
- Laying timber floors, and garden decking
Perry’s clients value his personable and approachable attitude and his commitment to delivering a great service.