While Wednesday’s Wealden Business Group meetings provide members with the opportunity to inter-trade, pass on business leads, and offer mutual friendship and support, they also reveal some interesting business truths.
Recently, WBG business coach and mentor Terry Botfield of Botfield Associates explained how he’d attended the Kent B2B exhibition, and quoted from a presentation he’d seen at the show from Peter Anderton of Internal Alignment on business leadership.
So, with thanks to Terry and Peter, here are some of those key points…..
- Good leadership skills contribute to a successful business. Even if you do not employ anyone, being a good leader will enable you to build a supportive and effective network.
- Leadership is NOT about you. Don’t be a dictator, always lead from the front, and take every decision.
- Really LISTEN to what those around you are saying about you and the business, and act on their feedback.
- Do not recruit in your own image – you will enable better performance by recruiting for the skills that are not in the business and that are complementary to your team.
- Actually, it IS all about you – about what and how you do things, and recognising and valuing the input from others.