It’s become a bit of a tradition that at the end of each Wealden Business Group networking breakfast, the chairman delivers a short, inspiring quote from a famous (and sometimes not-so-famous) personality to set members up for the day.
Here are some examples of quotable quotes from 10 eminent people which contain a nugget of truth for those running their own businesses……
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs – Henry Ford
- You only have to do a very few things right in your life, so long as you don’t do too many things wrong – Warren Buffett
- I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity – Oprah Winfrey
- If you work just for the money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing, and you always put the customer first, success will be yours – Ray Kroc
- Your time is limited. Don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinion drown your own inner voice. And, most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition – they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary – Steve Jobs
- If you’ve got an idea, start today. There’s no better time than now to get going. That doesn’t mean you quit your job and jump into your idea 100% from day one, but there’s always small progress that can be made to start the movement. – Kevin Systrom
- The biggest risk is not taking any risk…..in a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks – Mark Zuckerberg.
- If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time. – Billy Joel
- Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward – Victor Kiam
- Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm – Winston Churchill