This week’s returning speaker, Jason Harding, went through a number of common First Aid myths that circulate, including:
- Are a Heart Attack and a Cardiac Arrest the same?
- Is coughing or a chest thump effective for someone having a heart attack?
- Can you really swallow your tongue?
- Should you put butter on a burn?
- Should you urinate on a jellyfish sting?
- Can a first aider give or assist with medication?
- Should you induce vomiting in someone who has ingested poison?
- Can a first aider put plasters on children?
They generated a lively discussion amongst the members, with some surprising answers from Jason.
Following the meeting a number of members were given first aid training by Jason, which proved to be very informative, interesting and a lot of fun.
If you are interested in engaging Jason’s services you can find out all you need to know on his website.