I specialise in work for small to medium-sized businesses in England and Wales. By this, I mean that I act for sole traders, small partnerships and limited companies (turnover typically under £5million per year), dealing with a wide range of legal services normally required by them. With the ever-increasing complexity of business-related law, I cannot necessarily handle all aspects directly, but I have a network of specialist advisers available, to whom particular problems and opportunities can be referred for prompt and efficient handling.
In addition, I can deal with much of my business clients’ private legal work, as this often needs to be dovetailed with their commercial interests. As a result, though I specialise in commercial work, I also deal with some private work, so that I can be a single point of contact for the business client, dealing with that client’s commercial and private work.
I look after my clients as if they are close friends or family members:
- I give punchy, practical, jargon-free and actionable help
- I keep clients’ legal difficulties and expenses to a minimum
- I use my knowledge to benefit my clients
I directly handle:
- Business acquisitions and disposals
- Business leases (new and existing)
- Commercial documents (contracts, terms of business, shareholders’/partnership agreements, etc)
- Company law
- General business legal advice
As a founder member of “Clarity”, I try to deal with things in as straightforward and simple a way as possible. I also handle Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, administration of estates and similar work.
Please visit my websites for further details: www.nelsonslegal.co.uk
I also have a blog: www.nelsonslegal.co.uk/category/blog/nelsons-column/
I am on